REseaRch and Reading
Forest Schools and Forest Kindergartens (preschools) are popping up all over the US. It's a growing movement in early childhood education that many educators, parents and researchers firmly believe in.
Click on the articles below to read more about the latest research and press.
- "Kindergarten, Naturally" in The Atlantic
- "We are Wired to be Outside," National Geographic
- "Running Free in Germany's Outdoor Preschools," The New York Times
- "Flow Learning in a Forest Kindergarten," Natural Start Alliance
- "Children who play outside are more likely to protect nature as adults," Science Magazine
- "Outdoor learning: Education's next revolution?" Salon.com
- "At Nature Preschools, Classes are Outdoors," Education Week